Panel 14:30 - 16:25 CET
- President EDN – Laurent Meheust
- EACEA – Creative Europe - Head of Unit – Walter Zampieri
Session 1 – European Dance Sector: Current Policies and Practices
The effects of COVID-19 regulations enhanced the structural and endemic fragilities in the contemporary dance ecosystem, forcing the sector into a fast response to paradigmatic shifts.
Dance sector has had to face the following challenges: long closure of choreographic centres and theaters (loss of revenue; loss of audience; maintaining social distancing measures); shifting live arts into digital forms; loss of income for independent artists and organisations; loss of mobility for artists as well as for cultural operators and audience (no touring, no new productions, interruption of the value chain).
- Kerstin Evert (K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg): the Western Perspective
- Yvona Kreuzmannova (Tanec Prague): the Eastern Perspective
Q&A Session 1
Session 2 – Mobility beyond Circulation: A Shifting Paradigm
The session will begin with a short overview of the binomial ‘mobility – internationalisation’ as developed along the last 20 years; also due to the strong support of European institutions and funding schemes. Internationalization, multiculturalism and constant exchange have been the key features in (re)defining dance infrastructure as well as artistic content. What are the current scenarios? How does the sector readapt to the current situation? Can the sector reach its sustainability goals while shifting the paradigm of mobility and internationalisation?
- Joris Janssens (researcher – IDEA Consult) – Rethinking Mobility
- John Ashford (Aerowaves platform) – a perspective from European platform
- Virve Sutinen (Big Pulse Dance Alliance)
Q&A Session 2
Session 3 – Dance and Political Activism – Towards Wellbeing
What are the emerging practices that can progress the dance sector further? What is the ‘hope’ after the crisis? From the online #DanceAndWellbeing Campaign to the local experiments and practices; ‘wellbeing’ has emerged as a dance-specific paradigm accompanying us in this transition.
- Roberto Casarotto (Centro per la Scena Contemporanea Bassano del Grappa) – wellbeing: practice and perspectives from the local scale
- Euripides Laskaridis (director, performer and founder of Osmosis performing arts company): artist’s perspective
Closing remarks: End of Part 1